Mac G3 Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own a G3 iMac or iBook Clamshell? Get support from a new and growing community devoted the the preservation of Apples first iMac and iBook.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

iMac adaptors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
majorminor

majorminor

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:17 am

These don't come up that often so thought i should put it up here just in case some wants to get their Slot loader wireless.
Look
Back to top Go down
333mhz
Admin
333mhz

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Re: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Oh wow, interesting find. I was thinking the other day about airport cards, and wondered how I could go about installing one on my iMac. Its tray loading though.
Back to top Go down
http://g3owners.co.cc
majorminor

majorminor

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Re: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 pm

actually it is not that difficult to see if the G3 iMac can take the airport adaptor - if u look in thru the top access panel there is an aerial lead floating around that plugs into the airport card/adaptor. Normally it is pushed onto a white plastic holder but can get pushed free with adding removing RAM
Back to top Go down
333mhz
Admin
333mhz

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Re: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 am

I have made a sticky of a guide from Apples website about installing airport cards.
FYI tray-loading iMacs can not use airport cards.
Back to top Go down
http://g3owners.co.cc
majorminor

majorminor

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Re: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 am

333mhz wrote:
I have made a sticky of a guide from Apples website about installing airport cards.
FYI tray-loading iMacs can not use airport cards.
and some slot loading ones as well - the plastic guides and aerial connector is the only reliable way to tell.
Back to top Go down
majorminor

majorminor

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Airport adaptor   iMac adaptors Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Still have a spare here is anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iMac adaptors Empty
PostSubject: Re: iMac adaptors   iMac adaptors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iMac adaptors
Page 1 of 1